5.37.x series?

--
David Cantrell
Re: Building perl without taint-mode [ In reply to ]
It'd still there, you just need to manually enable it in Configure.

Re: Building perl without taint-mode [ In reply to ]
On 10/09/2022 06:51, demerphq wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sept 2022, 00:09 David Cantrell, <david@cantrell.org.uk
> <mailto:david@cantrell.org.uk>> wrote:
>> The ability to build perl without taint-mode support briefly made it
>> into 5.35.x but was pulled. Is there any plan to put it back in the
>> 5.37.x series?
> It's still there, you just need to manually enable it in Configure.

Sorry, I meant whether it was going to come back as a switch on the
Configure command line, *that's* what was pulled.

--
David Cantrell
Re: Building perl without taint-mode [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 17 Sept 2022, 10:55 David Cantrell, <david@cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> On 10/09/2022 06:51, demerphq wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Sept 2022, 00:09 David Cantrell, <david@cantrell.org.uk
> > <mailto:david@cantrell.org.uk>> wrote:
> >> The ability to build perl without taint-mode support briefly made it
> >> into 5.35.x but was pulled. Is there any plan to put it back in the
> >> 5.37.x series?
> > It's still there, you just need to manually enable it in Configure.
>
> Sorry, I meant whether it was going to come back as a switch on the
> Configure command line, *that's* what was pulled.

What was pulled was the *interactive* enable. You can Configure it with the
appropriate -Accflags= invocation. I don't have my laptop handy to say
which define you need, but it should be listed in INSTALL.

Or look for emails by me on this subject. I document the flags there.

Yves

Re: Building perl without taint-mode [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 17 Sept 2022 at 15:51, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Sept 2022, 10:55 David Cantrell, <david@cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 10/09/2022 06:51, demerphq wrote:
>> > It's still there, you just need to manually enable it in Configure.
>>
>> Sorry, I meant whether it was going to come back as a switch on the
>> Configure command line, *that's* what was pulled.
>>

> What was pulled was the *interactive* enable. You can Configure it with
> the appropriate -Accflags= invocation. I don't have my laptop handy to say
> which define you need, but it should be listed in INSTALL.
>
> Or look for emails by me on this subject. I document the flags there.

-Accflags=-DNO_TAINT_SUPPORT
-Accflags=-DSILENT_NO_TAINT_SUPPORT

See also: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/20983

Yves