Mailing List Archive

perl related mailing lists
Hi,

I'm finally getting around to updating the MetaFAQ, and am adding a section
on perl related mailing lists. The FAQ doesn't have a section on this,
on a quick scan anyway.

Can anyone add to the following lists, or provide URLs where appropriate?

perl5-porters@nicoh.com
For discussion of perl5 design and porting issues.
Subscribe by emailing majordomo@nicoh.com with
subscribe perl5-porters fred@foobar.com
URL?

ntperl@mail.hip.com
This list is used to discuss issues involving Windows NT
and Perl 5. Subscribe by emailing Majordomo@mail.hip.com with
subscribe ntperl fred@foobar.com
URL?

perl-packrats@metronet.com
Discussion related to archiving of perl materials.
Subscribe by?
URL?

I seem to remember mention of a makemaker mailing list. Any others?

thanks,
neilb
Re: perl related mailing lists [ In reply to ]
> From: neilb@khoral.com (Neil Bowers)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm finally getting around to updating the MetaFAQ, and am adding a section
> on perl related mailing lists. The FAQ doesn't have a section on this,
> on a quick scan anyway.
>
> Can anyone add to the following lists, or provide URLs where appropriate?
>
> perl5-porters@nicoh.com
> For discussion of perl5 design and porting issues.
> Subscribe by emailing majordomo@nicoh.com with
> subscribe perl5-porters fred@foobar.com
> URL?
>
> ntperl@mail.hip.com
> This list is used to discuss issues involving Windows NT
> and Perl 5. Subscribe by emailing Majordomo@mail.hip.com with
> subscribe ntperl fred@foobar.com
> URL?
>
> perl-packrats@metronet.com
> Discussion related to archiving of perl materials.
> Subscribe by?
> URL?
>
> I seem to remember mention of a makemaker mailing list. Any others?

Several mailing lists are in the Module List:

Mail to dbi-*-REQUEST@fugue.com with body "subscribe"
Where * is announce, users or dev (for developers only).

LWWWP The libwww-perl mailing list
Mail to libwww-perl-REQUEST@ics.uci.edu with body "subscribe"

MCPL The MacPerl mailing list
Mail to mac-perl-request@iis.ee.ethz.ch with body "subscribe"

MMML The MakeMaker mailing list
Mail to makemaker-REQUEST@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de with body "subscribe"

Your perl-packrats entry should explicitly mention CPAN.

You should also mention that perl5-porters is subscribed to ntperl so any
messages sent to ntperl are seen on perl5-porters (but not the other way round).

Tim.