Mailing List Archive

File::Find Module Bugs
Hi,

I've found some problems with using the File::Find module delivered with the
perl 5.001m release compiled under SunOS4.x.

1. The $prune variable is not exported and so I need to do
$File::Find::prune = 1;

to get this feature to work.

2. More critically the $dir and $name variables don't seem to reflect the
current directory and full filename respectively. Instead they are always set
to the $topdir value (i.e. the top directory from which to start the search).

This can be fixed by commenting out the "local($name);" line in "finddir" and
removing the $dir argument to this function and using it as a global. But I
guess this fix defies the purpose of encapsulation, but then again these
variables are supposed to be globally visible/exported anyway.