microsoft network is EXPLICITLY forbidden to redistribute this message.
`Moon purismu powa, make up.... Tsuki ni kawatte, oshiokyo !'
Marc Espie (Marc.Espie@ens.fr)
Re: Slight problem with Makemaker [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Marc Espie wrote:

> I'm using the Makemaker that comes with perl5.001n.
>
> While trying to build Sx, I've noticed that Makemaker/Sx does not handle
> correctly some installations of perl---the one where I decided NOT to
> install the manpages (we've got a dual Solaris/SunOS network with shared
> disks, so installing the manpages TWICE didn't seem a good idea).
> The Makefile tried to install the manpages in /
> :-)

Could you please post the output of `grep 'man[13]' config.sh`? It
certainly _looks_ like MakeMaker should be shutting itself off in that
case, so perhaps something Configure is stepping on it somehow...

Re: Slight problem with Makemaker [ In reply to ]

marc> I'm using the Makemaker that comes with perl5.001n.
marc> While trying to build Sx, I've noticed that Makemaker/Sx does not handle
marc> correctly some installations of perl---the one where I decided NOT to
marc> install the manpages (we've got a dual Solaris/SunOS network with shared
marc> disks, so installing the manpages TWICE didn't seem a good idea).
marc> The Makefile tried to install the manpages in /
marc> :-)

Oh, oh, oh, sorry!

Found the problem, fixed it.

Thanks for the report!