use overload ...;
may be better.

Ilya
Re: use Overload or use overload? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 01 Nov 1995 18:15:40 EST, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>The subject says it all. WHich capitalization you prefer? My current
>kit has
> use Overload blah => blue;
>but suddenly I realized that
> use overload ...;
>may be better.

I prefer the latter also, but what about breaking existing scripts that
might use the former?

- Sarathy.
gsar@engin.umich.edu
Re: use Overload or use overload? [ In reply to ]
Gurusamy Sarathy writes:

> On Wed, 01 Nov 1995 18:15:40 EST, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> >The subject says it all. WHich capitalization you prefer? My current
> >kit has
> > use Overload blah => blue;
> >but suddenly I realized that
> > use overload ...;
> >may be better.
> >

> I prefer the latter also, but what about breaking existing scripts that
> might use the former?
>
> - Sarathy.
> gsar@engin.umich.edu

The only one that does is overload.t ;-). While I sent the patch that
implemented Overload.pm half a year ago, nobody noticed it,
apparently.

Ilya
Re: use Overload or use overload? [ In reply to ]
: The only one that does is overload.t ;-). While I sent the patch that
: implemented Overload.pm half a year ago, nobody noticed it,
: apparently.

Not entirely true--see NETaa13769, installed on the Ides of March.

Larry
Re: use Overload or use overload? [ In reply to ]
Larry Wall writes:

> : The only one that does is overload.t ;-). While I sent the patch that
> : implemented Overload.pm half a year ago, nobody noticed it,
> : apparently.
>
> Not entirely true--see NETaa13769, installed on the Ides of March.
>
> Larry

Thanks, Larry, I know this, but nobody sent any comment/bug report
with this syntax in place.

Ilya
Re: use Overload or use overload? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> Larry Wall writes:
> >
> > : The only one that does is overload.t ;-). While I sent the patch that
> > : implemented Overload.pm half a year ago, nobody noticed it,
> > : apparently.
> >
> > Not entirely true--see NETaa13769, installed on the Ides of March.
> >
> > Larry
> >

> Thanks, Larry, I know this, but nobody sent any comment/bug report
> with this syntax in place.
>
> Ilya

It's not just you, Ilya. The same things happened to
MakeMaker 5.00, Jack's Socket module, Devel::DProf, my Configure
patches, etc. etc. That was one of the reasons I assembled all those
pieces into patch.1n.

Of course, I missed yours :-( Sorry. It certainly wasn't intentional.

I'll get NETaa13769 and install it in my copy.

Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu