Mailing List Archive

pod2man, nroff (Was: My patch patch.1n ...)

kenneth> What's the complaint here? Should pod2man'ify be turned off if nroff isn't
kenneth> present, or should the Makefile fail gracefully if pod2man isn't
kenneth> installed?

Andy complained rightly, that I run "pod2man" without checking it's
existence. Will correct that.

kenneth> A related question: if nroff isn't available, and thus perldoc won't work
kenneth> (as it relies on pod2man and nroff) should installperl even install it?

case "$nroff" in
nroff)
echo "However, you don't have nroff, so they're probably useless to you."
case "$man1dir" in
'') man1dir="none";;
esac;;
esac