nroffmarkdiffs old.man new.man | groff -man > perldocu-5.002.ps

Just my 5.002 cents,
Achim
Re: Changes in perl documentation [ In reply to ]
>From: Achim Bohnet <ach@rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de>
>
>First, thanks to all people updating or writing perl pods.
>
>The changes/additions to pods raised the question for me if
>it would be possible to mark the changes, e.g., with a '|' appended
>like in the tcl manual pages.

Those Tcl manpages have always been a pain in the rear -- can never figure
out how to get them to format pretty and those change bars are all over the
place rather than in a nice straight line.

If someone actually does this, can we please get the change bars on the
left? Either that or tell me how to get them to line up straight :)

Dean
Re: Changes in perl documentation [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Dean Roehrich wrote:

> Those Tcl manpages have always been a pain in the rear -- can never figure
> out how to get them to format pretty and those change bars are all over the
> place rather than in a nice straight line.
>
> If someone actually does this, can we please get the change bars on the
> left? Either that or tell me how to get them to line up straight :)

Troff actually has a changebar facility, though I don't know how well
nroff handles it, and I don't think I'd recommend it.

Somewhere in the perl archives, there is a 'changebar' script which
makes clever use of diff and patch to put changebars into a troff
document. If someone really wants to exercise CPAN, they could
pursue that.

Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
Re: Changes in perl documentation [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Andy Dougherty wrote:

> Troff actually has a changebar facility, though I don't know how well
> nroff handles it, and I don't think I'd recommend it.

Is a changebar facility something that people would like available in
.pod files? Or do you think this is better handled on the .man or .html end?