Mailing List Archive

Patches to get Tk-b8 and debugger to work?
Which patches do I need to be able to debug Tk-b8 scripts? I've not been
following all the patches, so I know I have missed quite a few.

Waiting for the Great (Patch) Pumpkin,
Jeff
Re: Patches to get Tk-b8 and debugger to work? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Oct 1995 19:20:36 PDT, Jeff Okamoto wrote:
>Which patches do I need to be able to debug Tk-b8 scripts? I've not been
>following all the patches, so I know I have missed quite a few.

You'll need at least

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~gsar/perl5.001m-bugs.patch

to be able to debug Tk. Apply the rest if you think you need them.

Many of these are also available (rather slowly) from

ftp://ftp.perl.com/perl/src/patches/

>Waiting for the Great (Patch) Pumpkin,
>Jeff

That seems to indicate that you want the responsibility of
putting the Great.Patch together :-)

I'm afraid those and Andy's jumbo+1+2+3 patches will have
to do, for the moment.

- Sarathy.
gsar@engin.umich.edu
Re: Patches to get Tk-b8 and debugger to work? [ In reply to ]
Andy, Larry,

how can CPAN help you (and us) to get the pumpkin rolling? I see,
there is the bugs database which contains patches, and there is a
collection of quite stable patches at Sarathy's http page. There have
been posted much more patches, some stable, some not.

I wonder if it made sense to install a PATCH user on CPAN (which means
a directory authors/The_Patch_Collector). The directory could open the
way to a more collaborative effort to sort out patches for the next
unofficial big patch. For example the password for this user could be
made available to several porters.

The answer depends strongly on your plans for the next release (1n or
2). Before I do anything in this direction I need your ok.

andreas