I can't see any reference to POSIX_loadlibs in Configure or hints/*
(or anywhere else for that matter).

Tim.
Re: Old code in POSIX.pm? [ In reply to ]
With apparently nothing better to do, Tim Bunce wrote:

> Is this still needed or has it been superseded by POSIX.bs ?
>
> @liblist = ();
> @liblist = split ' ', $Config::Config{"POSIX_loadlibs"}
> if defined $Config::Config{"POSIX_loadlibs"};
> bootstrap POSIX @liblist;
>
> I can't see any reference to POSIX_loadlibs in Configure or hints/*
> (or anywhere else for that matter).

Yeah, that's vestigal. I don't even have references to it in any of my
online archives. My recollection is that it was to be set by a hint file
(analogous to POSIX_cflags, etc.) Anyway, you are correct. POSIX.bs is
supposed to supercede all that.

Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
Re: Old code in POSIX.pm? [ In reply to ]
> From: Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
>
> With apparently nothing better to do, Tim Bunce wrote:

:-)

Actually I was looking for sysinfo() and related constants
but I think they're Solaris 2 (or SVR4) specific.

Tim.