I think.

List manager: how about we drop or reroute all messages entitled
/^(un)?subscribe/i, ok?

Or just make it do the right thing, by which I'm not referring
to flogging the confused person sending mail, much though it has
its appeal. :-)

--tom
Re: You Can't Get There from Here (was: unsubscribe) [ In reply to ]
Strange sunspot activity caused Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> to writ
e:
| List manager: how about we drop or reroute all messages entitled
| /^(un)?subscribe/i, ok?

Hey Tom, ever considered moving the list to perl.com. ;-)
(Just kidding, at least until you move up to a 56k or ISDN link).

Going back to the earlier suggestion of using majordomo, I don't remember
if it bounces these messages to the admin, or takes care of them correctly,
but it does stop them from going to the list. Only problem is that it
stops anything with the word(s) "(un)subscribe, help, delete, etc" in the
first five lines. Maybe someone with some time could look into the source
and figure a better algo.

| Or just make it do the right thing, by which I'm not referring
| to flogging the confused person sending mail, much though it has
| its appeal. :-)

Heh...

-spp
Re: You Can't Get There from Here (was: unsubscribe) [ In reply to ]

Stephen> Going back to the earlier suggestion of using majordomo, I don't remember
Stephen> if it bounces these messages to the admin, or takes care of them correctly,
Stephen> but it does stop them from going to the list. Only problem is that it
Stephen> stops anything with the word(s) "(un)subscribe, help, delete, etc" in the
Stephen> first five lines. Maybe someone with some time could look into the source
Stephen> and figure a better algo.

The perl-based majorodomo can be configured to handle anything in
listname as if it had been sent to listname-request.

Email: <merlyn@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn@ora.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.teleport.com/~merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me