Mailing List Archive

Silly Tk-b8 question
Where in the Makefile does it convert the pod/pm files into real man pages?

Jeff
Re: Silly Tk-b8 question [ In reply to ]
Re: Silly Tk-b8 question [ In reply to ]
In <199510070027.AA065435637@hpcc123.corp.hp.com>
On Fri, 6 Oct 1995 17:27:17 -0700
Jeff Okamoto <okamoto@hpcc123.corp.hp.com> writes:
>Where in the Makefile does it convert the pod/pm files into real man pages?
>
>Jeff

It doesn't. It is a generic MakeMaker makefile and there is no
consensus as to what to do for man pages.

FWIW I don't like 'man' much I like HTML with links.

Goal for Tk is to have a clean set of HTML docs - and an HTML reader
in the distribution. There is a very promissing HTML->ps in the libwww
distribution too, which should permit printing it.