Mailing List Archive

After configure patch +signals fouled up after configure patch + Jeff O's new hints
Applied the large configure patch + Jeff Okamoto's new hpux 9 hints file.
Now when I run configure I get missing signal names and entries come
back like: SIGSIGILL SIGSSIGFPE 31 32 33 ...... all very strange looking
and wrong. Also causes 3 or failures in the test library that are looking
for signal names like: PIPE, etc.

The way I fixed this was to steal the signals line from the previous
config.sh (from before the patches) and put it in the new config.sh and
run configure -der.

Did I apply the patches wrong ? What else could I have donbe wrong to
get this behaivoir ?

This is HP-UX 9.04 + full ansi compiler, perl5.001m. Note adding
-D_POSIX_SOURCE to the ccflags does not help this. HP's include file does
some strange things in naming signals like putting underscores before
the names - this may be what is screwing up the new way of finding
signals names.

Thanks for the help.

Dave Venus, Sysadmin/Database Admin. Metromont Materials
DVENUS@DELPHI.COM