Mailing List Archive

help with perl5 and CGI
Hi;
I ftp'ed perl5 and installed it successfully (All tests passed
successfully) i am using a Linux sever and a gcc compiler v2.6.3
I am trying to write CGI scripts using perl5 (i also ftped perl5.pm)
i save the scripts as filename.cgi and when i try to http it, i get
the error: Malformed header from script.
I have a question now. Do i have to compile that script with any utility
or is it a problem with my configuration????
p.s i put the perl5.pm file in /usr/lib/perl5 where the library files
for perl exist and the first line in the script displays:
#!/usr/lib/perl5

So if u have any suggestions or if u encountered this problem b4, please
e-mail me back or refer me to any other persons who might solve it for me
Thanks!
--Rani

Smart Tech Communication Systems
Tel. 718 921 4746 Fax : 718 921 4953