Mailing List Archive

Re: [openstack-dev] [all] We're combining the lists!
Robert Collins wrote:
> There don't seem to be any topics defined for -discuss yet, I hope
> there will be, as I'm certainly not in a position of enough bandwidth
> to handle everything *stack related.
>
> I'd suggest one for each previously list, at minimum.

As we are ultimately planning to move lists to mailman3 (which decided
to drop the "topics" concept altogether), I don't think we planned to
add serverside mailman topics to the new list.

We'll still have standardized subject line topics. The current list
lives at:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/common-openstack-ml-topics

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Re: [openstack-dev] [all] We're combining the lists! [ In reply to ]
On 2018-11-10 11:02:15 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> As we are ultimately planning to move lists to mailman3 (which decided
> to drop the "topics" concept altogether), I don't think we planned to
> add serverside mailman topics to the new list.

Correct, that was covered in more detail in the longer original
announcement linked from my past couple of reminders:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/134911.html

In short, we're recommending client-side filtering because
server-side topic selection/management was not retained in Mailman 3
as Thierry indicates and we hope we might move our lists to an MM3
instance sometime in the not-too-distant future.

> We'll still have standardized subject line topics. The current list
> lives at:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/common-openstack-ml-topics

Which is its initial location for crowd-sourcing/brainstorming, but
will get published to a more durable location like on
lists.openstack.org itself or perhaps the Project-Team Guide once
the list is in use.
--
Jeremy Stanley