so there is no formal way to reflect them back to the Nova compute.

Thanks,
RamiC
Re: Nova & Quantum integration [ In reply to ]
Rami,
Following the recent discussions on the mailing list regarding the responsibility of the VIF driver, seems that it should be very thin and network provisioning should be handled by Quantum Plugin Agent as in OpenvSwitch and LinuxBridge plugins.
I have similar need to get attributes for the attached network/ port and seems that the way to do it is via API extension.
You can see the details in the following mailing thread:
https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg12716.html

Hope this helps,
Irena