Glance: Open
Keystone: Open
Horizon: Open
Cinder: Open
Quantum: Moderated

Any reason for moderating team membership?

thanks,
-chris

Re: Quantum Developers launchpad team policy [ In reply to ]
Its funny, as just yesterday I was asking the same thing to Jay Pipes, as I
find it annoying to get an email and have to click approve all the time
(especially given the up-tick in membership requests). I had assumed all
PTLs had to do this, but based on the list below, I suspect this is more of
an oversight by the launchpad gurus who setup the quantum groups. I'll
look into getting this open.

Its worth noting that I'm am not aware of any practical benefits or costs
to being a member of the quantum team on launchpad... I think it just
affects which projects show up on your personal launchpad page. If someone
is aware of some other use, let me know, as I've just been approving
everyone who applies :)

Dan

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Chris Wright <chrisw@sous-sol.org> wrote:

> Following up from yesterday's meeting on encouraging developers...
>
> Launchpad team policy:
>
> Nova: Open
> Swift: Open
> Glance: Open
> Keystone: Open
> Horizon: Open
> Cinder: Open
> Quantum: Moderated
>
> Any reason for moderating team membership?
>
> thanks,
> -chris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Quantum Developers launchpad team policy [ In reply to ]
Turns out flipping the bit was easy, once you know to look for it :)

Btw, some of these groups may be used to automatically notify people on
certain launchpad events (e.g., https://launchpad.net/~quantum-bugs), but
I'm not aware of any notifications for the plane "quantum" group,
particularly since the ML is currently based on the netstack group.

Dan

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Re: Quantum Developers launchpad team policy [ In reply to ]
* Dan Wendlandt (dan@nicira.com) wrote:
> Its funny, as just yesterday I was asking the same thing to Jay Pipes, as I
> find it annoying to get an email and have to click approve all the time
> (especially given the up-tick in membership requests). I had assumed all
> PTLs had to do this, but based on the list below, I suspect this is more of
> an oversight by the launchpad gurus who setup the quantum groups. I'll
> look into getting this open.
>
> Its worth noting that I'm am not aware of any practical benefits or costs
> to being a member of the quantum team on launchpad...

That was my next question ;) I was not receiving any gerrit watch emails
and someone suggested I needed to be on the team (I don't believe that's
the case, the db had lost my email contact somehow).

> I think it just
> affects which projects show up on your personal launchpad page. If someone
> is aware of some other use, let me know, as I've just been approving
> everyone who applies :)

Nearly as good as Open ;) When I first saw it was moderated, some 6
months ago, I assumed that it was the core team.

thanks,
-chris

Re: Quantum Developers launchpad team policy [ In reply to ]
Chris Wright wrote:
>> Its worth noting that I'm am not aware of any practical benefits or costs
>> to being a member of the quantum team on launchpad...
>
> That was my next question ;) I was not receiving any gerrit watch emails
> and someone suggested I needed to be on the team (I don't believe that's
> the case, the db had lost my email contact somehow).

Yes, those teams are not really useful. They are used to collect
membership in the "openstack" group, which is used for PPB elections...
but you can join the openstack group directly... and for the technical
committee of the foundation we should fix the voters corpus to mean
something.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack