Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] March 5, 2024 Board Meeting
The Open Infrastructure Foundation Board of Directors met yesterday and Jonathan Bryce asked me to send the summary this time. The agenda[1] was posted ahead of time.

Julia Kreger started the meeting by discussing the upcoming schedule for OpenInfra Board Meetings, including the discussion to schedule an in-person meeting later this year alongside a community event. The Board approved the meeting minutes from the January 30, 2024 meeting.

The staff presented an update on a few topics. I discussed scheduling Gold Member meetings this year ahead of scheduled Board meetings to facilitate discussions, increase engagement, and represent Gold Member perspectives to the Board of Directors.

I then presented the messaging focus areas for 2024, aligning with the OpenInfra Foundation goals (Protect OpenInfra vision of open source, Strengthen OpenInfra projects, Increase OpenInfra impact). This led to a discussion among directors particularly around the role the OpenInfra community plays in the emergence of AI use cases, including the importance of vGPU support in Nova and identifying any upstream work needed to improve that support.

I then provided an update on upcoming OpenInfra community events in 2024: the OpenInfra Summit Asia[2] in Suwon, South Korea September 3-4, the OpenInfra Days Europe[3] in various locations in May-June, the virtual PTG[4], April 8-12, as well as other upcoming events. Wes Wilson then presented an update on defining simplified requirements for obtaining the “OpenStack Powered” trademark to replace Refstack processes.

Julia discussed the series of meetings that have been happening to discuss AI assisted code contributions[5]. Amy Marrich then provided an update from the Compensation Committee around establishing goals for 2024, and there was then a brief discussion about the role of the Interop committee as guidelines and needs have evolved over the years.

Finally the Board went into executive session briefly before wrapping up the meeting. Thanks to everyone who joined!

Allison

1. https://board.openinfra.dev/meetings/2024-03-05
2. https://openinfra.dev/summit
3. https://openinfra.dev/days