Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] January 30, 2024 Board Meeting
The Open Infrastructure Foundation Board of Directors met today. The agenda[1] was posted ahead of time.

I opened the meeting to handle the first agenda items of appointing the Chair and Vice Chairs. The Board unanimously voted to have Julia Kreger continue as Chair and Allison Randal as a Vice Chair as well as appointing Amy Marrich as a new Vice Chair. Thanks to them for their willingness to serve this year!

Julia took over the meeting and walked us through the rest of the agenda. The Board approved the meeting minutes from the December 5th, 2023 meeting. Julia then walked all the Directors through a review of Board policies. The Board also discussed the schedule of meetings for 2024 as well as options to possibly co-locate one or more in-person Board meetings with upcoming community events.

The staff presented an update on a number of topics. For the benefit of our new board members, Thierry Carrez reviewed our top priorities for 2024 (Protect OpenInfra vision of open source, Strengthen OpenInfra projects, Increase OpenInfra impact), as well as the 2024 budget approved during last board meeting. Allison Price walked through upcoming plans for events for 2024: the OpenInfra Summit Asia[2] in Suwon, South Korea September 3-4, the OpenInfra Days Europe[3] in various locations in May-June, as well as other upcoming events.

The Board reviewed committee membership for the year for the two standing committees: the finance committee and the compensation committee. Thanks to our committee members and chairs!

Finally the Board went into executive session briefly before wrapping up the meeting. Thanks to everyone who joined!

Jonathan

1. https://board.openinfra.dev/en/meetings/2024-01-30
2. https://openinfra.dev/summit
3. https://openinfra.dev/days