Mailing List Archive

Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire!
When emailing Lauren's rackspace.com email address yesterday, I
received the auto-response of:

"Thanks for your email. I am still working on OpenStack, but have
transitioned to a new role at the OpenStack Foundation full time.

I am no longer receiving email at this address. Please reach me at
lauren@openstack.org or 713-398-8700."

Congratulations to Lauren, Jonathan, and the foundation on this key
hire! I'm very thankfully Lauren will be continuing doing a fantastic
job as Communications for OpenStack!

Cheers,
Lloyd
--
@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Lloyd Dewolf <lloydostack@gmail.com> wrote:
> When emailing Lauren's rackspace.com email address yesterday, I
> received the auto-response of:
>
> "Thanks for your email. I am still working on OpenStack, but have
> transitioned to a new role at the OpenStack Foundation full time.
>
> I am no longer receiving email at this address. Please reach me at
> lauren@openstack.org or 713-398-8700."
>

> Congratulations to Lauren, Jonathan, and the foundation on this key
> hire! I'm very thankfully Lauren will be continuing doing a fantastic
> job as Communications for OpenStack!

+1000. Congrats Lauren!

- Ryan

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On 10/09/2012 08:38 PM, Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
> Congratulations to Lauren, Jonathan, and the foundation on this key
> hire! I'm very thankfully Lauren will be continuing doing a fantastic
> job as Communications for OpenStack!

Congratulations!

Does this mean that the marketing co-ordinator position listed on
http://www.openstack.org/community/jobs/?foundation=1 is no longer
available? Have any of the other positions been filled too?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Community Action and Impact

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Dave Neary <dneary@redhat.com> wrote:

> Does this mean that the marketing co-ordinator position listed on
> http://www.openstack.org/community/jobs/?foundation=1 is no longer
> available? Have any of the other positions been filled too?

Oh hai!

I only now see that Boris Renski actually "announced" on Oct 4, 2012
that the following positions have been filled:
"* Hired executive director, COO and marketing director"

And he lists Jonathan Brice, Mark Collier, Lauren and Stefano closer
to the 5 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TFc0n5dwBns#t=79s

@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
We're very excited Lauren will continue working on OpenStack as the OpenStack Foundation Director of Marketing. She's still hiring for the positions she posted including the marketing coordinator that you mentioned. We're also looking for community managers and infrastructure engineers and will probably have some additional roles open up before the end of the year.

Jonathan
210-317-2438

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
this is interesting, and welcome to board .

less foundation in IT, first staff related to marketing,

cannot wait Lauren's work related with ecosystem and branding, which i
believe i will part of the movement. hope can discuss more the vision
of brand execution, brand association and brand identity , which in my
experience need extra effort outside the code itself.

the Foundation launch date, logo 2012 of OpenStack also cool, a good
start for a 1 month left foundation.

On 10/10/12, Jonathan Bryce <jonathan@openstack.org> wrote:
> We're very excited Lauren will continue working on OpenStack as the
> OpenStack Foundation Director of Marketing. She's still hiring for the
> positions she posted including the marketing coordinator that you mentioned.
> We're also looking for community managers and infrastructure engineers and
> will probably have some additional roles open up before the end of the
> year.
>
> Jonathan
> 210-317-2438
>

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 2:21 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> On 10/09/2012 08:38 PM, Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
>>> Congratulations to Lauren, Jonathan, and the foundation on this key
>>> hire! I'm very thankfully Lauren will be continuing doing a fantastic
>>> job as Communications for OpenStack!
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Does this mean that the marketing co-ordinator position listed on
>> http://www.openstack.org/community/jobs/?foundation=1 is no longer
>> available? Have any of the other positions been filled too?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Neary
>> Community Action and Impact
>> Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
>> Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13

Frans Thamura (曽志胜)
Shadow Master and Lead Investor
Meruvian.
Integrated Hypermedia Java Solution Provider.

Mobile: +628557888699
Blog: http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/flatburger (id)

FB: http://www.facebook.com/meruvian
TW: http://www.twitter.com/meruvian / @meruvian
Website: http://www.meruvian.org

"We grow because we share the same belief."

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 18:45 -0500, Jonathan Bryce wrote:
> We're very excited Lauren will continue working on OpenStack as the
> OpenStack Foundation Director of Marketing.

Excellent news! And more excellent news from Stefano's blog:

http://maffulli.net/2012/10/05/new-job-same-job-at-openstack-foundation-new-laptop/

that Stefano, Thierry and Mark have also moved to the Foundation.

Congrats to all involved!

There's definitely a lot of interest in appointments like these. Could
we have appointments announced by the Foundation as a matter of course
in future?

Cheers,
Mark.

Re: Congrats Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation hire! [ In reply to ]
Stefano was an obvious choice. Glad he got picked up.