Grand Dial Communications - A ZK Tech Inc. Company

616.776.1066 ext. 2006
www.granddial.com
Re: DHCP not accessible on new compute node. [ In reply to ]
I'm having the same problem when I delete the DHCP port openstack recreates the port and everything works fine again ...

Marcio Prado
Analista de TI - Infraestrutura e Redes
Fone: +55 (35) 9.9821-3561
www.marcioprado.eti.br
Em 29/10/2018 17:50, Torin Woltjer <torin.woltjer@granddial.com> escreveu:
Recently installed a new compute node, but noticed none of the instances that I put on it will successfully receive network addresses from DHCP. This seems to work on all other compute nodes however. When listening for DHCP requests on the vxlan of the compute node, I notice that while I can see the DHCP requests on the new compute node, I do not see them anywhere else. If I manually assign an address to the interface on the instance I am able to ping in and out. Running dhclient -v on an instance on a working compute node successfully gets a DHCP response, on the new compute node there is no response, I also discovered that the instance on the new compute node cannot ping the DHCP ports at 172.16.1.2 & 172.16.1.3 yet can ping the gateway at 172.16.1.1.
The setup is neutron-linuxbridge on Openstack Queens.
Torin Woltjer Grand Dial Communications - A ZK Tech Inc. Company 616.776.1066 ext. 2006http://www.granddial.com"]http://www.granddial.com"]www.granddial.com