Mailing List Archive

Create a PNDA on openstack
i need to create a PNDA on openstack..
1. i installed openstack on devstack in vitualbox. ..after that what i have
to do.. send me the screenshot.. i am beginner to this. What is
cli,heat..etc..please and one example
Re: Create a PNDA on openstack [ In reply to ]
Hi,

to be honest, I think if you are supposed to work with PNDA and
OpenStack is your platform, you should at least get an overview what
components it has and what they are for. No example or screenshot will
help you understand how those components interact.
The PNDA pages mention OpenStack Mitaka, so you should study the
respective docs [1]. Different guides for installation, operations and
administration are available for different platforms (Ubuntu,
openSUSE/SLES and RedHat/CentOS), pick the one suitable for your
environment and understand the basics (creating tenants and users,
neutron networking, nova compute etc.).

In addition to the mandatory services (neutron, nova, glance, cinder)
you'll need Swift (object storage) and Heat (orchestration).
Maybe you already get an idea, this is not covered with "send me a
screenshot". ;-)
Another mandatory requirement is a basic understanding of the command
line interface (CLI), this enables you to access and manage your
openstack cloud.

A quick search will also reveal some tutorials or videos [3] about the
basic concepts.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/