From 25 Mar 2002 15:12:38 -0600
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@coremetrics.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.network.openssh.general
Subject: Problems with Kerberized ssh.
Date: 25 Mar 2002 15:12:38 -0600

I'm working on getting kerberized SSH rolled out to our environment, but
in my test setup, I get this error on a host running OpenSSH 3.0.2p1(2?)

debug2: input_userauth_request: try method gssapi
debug1: Miscellaneous failure
debug1: No principal in keytab matches desired name

rsh, rlogin, telnet all work with no problems, but SSH with kerberos
authentication doesn't seem to work. Any help on this would be greatly
appreciated. I will be documenting everything I've done up to date and
publishing it on my web site for others who have similar issues.

When used in a single realm mode, I didn't have this problem. I recently
re-installed and setup my KDC for three realms.
The host key for the target host is extracted and works without issue.
Also, if I run kdestroy on the host I'm coming from, then kinit -f to
get a new TGT, then open an ssh connection to the host in question, I
get a host/name@REALM ticket from the KDC, but the actual ssh connection
still fails.

This is somewhat urgent because It's the last step needed to be verified
working for this implementation to succeed.

TIA.
--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA