Hi!

We use nss_mysql with user@domain.com in the username field.

> Can user@domain.my login on the server console ?

Yes, this works. Mail, FTP work too. Users with username user3 (without
domain, only for testing) can login via ssh.

Ian Zapczynski [ianz@quarterleaf.com] wrote:
> What about enclosing the offending argument in quotes?
>
> i.e. ssh -l 'user1@domain1.com' www.domain1.com
> or ssh -l "user1@domain1.com" www.domain1.com

That doesn't help. :-((

While testing this proposal I found some very interesting results: If I try
this from localhost (i.e. ssh -l 'user1@domain1.com' www.domain1.com on the
host www.domain1.com) it WORKS. If I try it from some other host, I get
"illegal user".

Here are the corresponding 2 lines from the debug log:
debug1: do_authentication: illegal user user1
debug1: Attempting authentication for illegal user user1.

I still use the OpenSSH_2.9.9p2 package from SuSE, not OpenSSH 3.1.

Greetings
Bernhard
Re: usernames including @ [ In reply to ]
I suggest you try using your own pam_mysql for ssh authentication, because as I know ssh supports PAM but don't support NSS.