scp file M1:/dir
it works well!

Any ideas?
Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
On 25 June 2010 12:45, Mingfan Lu <mingfan.lu@gmail.com> wrote:

>   The former (s1.log) is the strace log when transferring 1405B file
> and the later (s2.log) is for 1406B
>  PS. I can use ssh to login M2 successfully.
>   *** In M2
>  scp file M1:/dir
>  it works well!
>
>  Any ideas?
The file size is suspiciously close to the default MTU .. any "odd" routers
along the way that may not like big packets?

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.

Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
ifIchange the mtu of the interface in M2 from 1500 to 1496, all works ...
So strange

Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
Le vendredi 25 juin 2010 à 13:39 +0800, Mingfan Lu a écrit :
> ifIchange the mtu of the interface in M2 from 1500 to 1496, all works ...
> So strange

broken pmtud

mh

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Andrej <andrej.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 25 June 2010 12:45, Mingfan Lu <mingfan.lu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The former (s1.log) is the strace log when transferring 1405B file
> >> and the later (s2.log) is for 1406B
> >> PS. I can use ssh to login M2 successfully.
> >> *** In M2
> >> scp file M1:/dir
> >> it works well!
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> > The file size is suspiciously close to the default MTU .. any "odd" routers
> > along the way that may not like big packets?
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Andrej
> >

> > --
> > Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.
> >
> > http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml

--
michael hallgren, mh2198-ripe
Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
How to fix broken the path mtu discovery?

Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
Le vendredi 25 juin 2010 à 16:54 +0800, Mingfan Lu a écrit :
> How to fix broken the path mtu discovery?

Our friend (?) Google found this:

http://www.netheaven.com/pmtu.html

mh

Re: SSH works well but scp/rsync hangs!!!! [ In reply to ]
https://blue-labs.org/howto/mtu-mss.php