Mailing List Archive

ssh and x11 - repost
Hi all,

I'm using openssh 4.3 on Centos 5.3.

My problem is this;

I can ssh to localhost and then run an X app like so;

ssh localhost
img_disp

However if I do this in the same line;

ssh localhost img_disp

Nothing happens. Running ps shows the app but nothing on my display.

ssh -X has no effect.

I can run other X11 apps like so;

ssh localhost maya

or ssh localhost shake

However img_disp seems to do something else with the display.

Is there a particular sshd.conf setting I need to have for this to work?

Thanks in advance,

- aurf
Re: ssh and x11 - repost - FIX'd [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

Just in case any one experiences this problem, run ssh with the -t
option.

ex;

ssh -t remotehost program

If you then get a pseudo terminal error, do;

ssh -t -t remotehost program

The man page of ssh states that this will force force tty allocation
if when ssh has no local tty which is what I do when;

ssh remotehost imf_disp

- aurf