I've just upgraded to 2.1.0p2 on my solaris 8 boxes (now it
survives a little longer, thanks!). But, I'm seeing "scp not found"
where before it was fine.

configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-random-/dev/random (the entropy
generator is still broken), and in the past I had no problems
with scp, but AFAIK something's broken in 2.1.0.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Carl
RE: scp not found with solaris 8/2.1.0p2 [ In reply to ]
On 22-May-00 at 07:57:06 carl@bl.echidna.id.au wrote:
> I've just upgraded to 2.1.0p2 on my solaris 8 boxes (now it
> survives a little longer, thanks!). But, I'm seeing "scp not found"
> where before it was fine.
>
> Is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Yes I get this under Solaris 8. However, I've only just started with openssh,
so checking the FAQ (where the problem is listed) I simply ran configure with
--with-default-path=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

It runs fine then. For configure I use:

./configure --with-tcp-wrappers --with-catman=man
--with-default-path=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

TCP wrappers because I have it; catman because the man pages come out
'weird' without it; default path because of the scp problem you mention.

Otherwise 2.1.0p2 seems to work fine - sshd stays running; no utmp problem;
no bad file number messages; no fixprogs problem.

Regards,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@plymouth.ac.uk
Re: scp not found with solaris 8/2.1.0p2 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 May 2000 carl@bl.echidna.id.au wrote:

> I've just upgraded to 2.1.0p2 on my solaris 8 boxes (now it
> survives a little longer, thanks!). But, I'm seeing "scp not found"
> where before it was fine.
[..]
> Is anyone else seeing anything similar?

I think sshd is looking for scp in /usr/bin. Just make a link in /usr/bin.

Cheers,
Bole
Re: scp not found with solaris 8/2.1.0p2 [ In reply to ]
Yeah, what happens is configure isn't smart enought to put the --prefix=
value into your default path for sshd, Annoying as all getout, but fixable
by symlinking scp to /usr/bin.