E-mail: ddulek@fastenal.com
Phone: (507) 453-8149
Fax: (507) 453-8333
Re: DG/UX R4.20MU03 [ In reply to ]
I suspect that DG/UX (it's been ages since I've played on one). Lacks a
lot of the 4.4BSD code for getoptsocket() as does NeXT. In the NeXT port
I still have IPTOS_LOWDELAY and IPTOS_THROUGHPUT set to '0'.

However in order to be portable with older UNIXes I suspect one really
need to go into packet.c and see if there is a better way of handling
things. (better == more portable)

I wish I still had my M88K Dual DG/UX box. =( I really do miss the
platform.

Re: DG/UX R4.20MU03 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, David Dulek wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with ssh and DG/UX? I tried the
> ./configure and it could not determine the hosttype. After that
> problem was worked-arounded I get a LOT of warnings about declaring
> functions multiple times and then the compile fails with:
>
> packet.c: In function `packet_set_interactive':
> packet.c:803: `IPTOS_LOWDELAY' undeclared (first use this function)
> packet.c:803: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> packet.c:803: for each function it appears in.)
> packet.c:815: `IPTOS_THROUGHPUT' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> suggestions would be nice but I am figuring I will be here awhile
> figuring this out.

Just add them manually for now, they are not platform specific:

# define IPTOS_LOWDELAY 0x10
# define IPTOS_THROUGHPUT 0x08
# define IPTOS_RELIABILITY 0x04
# define IPTOS_LOWCOST 0x02
# define IPTOS_MINCOST IPTOS_LOWCOST

These are being added to defines.h as I type :)

-d

Re: DG/UX R4.20MU03 [ In reply to ]
Ermm.. I'll try them out on NeXT. Damien, what about "ip_tos" which I'm
sure will be the next thing he will run into.

Re: DG/UX R4.20MU03 [ In reply to ]
Oh BTW.. =)

root@localhost's password:
setsockopt IPTOS_LOWDELAY: Invalid argument
Last login: Sat Apr 8 17:38:22 2000 from localhost

<sigh> I knew I tried those numbers before on next.

Re: DG/UX R4.20MU03 [ In reply to ]
That did the trick other than all the --with options I got it to work.

Thanks.