/usr/lib/libz.so.1@ /usr/lib/libz.so.1.1.3*

The RPM seems to only work on RH6.x, so I downloaded the src
rpm...which I am guessing is already patched for compiling with Linux.

Any ideas?

-- Ed Weinberg, RHCE
Now at Q5 Comm, LLC
edw@q5comm.com

The monopoly is broken! Q5 Comm, LLC now registers domains for $25 for one year or $45 for two years. Why pay Internic $70 for the same thing?
Re: ./configure cannot find zlib [ In reply to ]
På 2000-Mar-06 klokka 15:35:04 -0500 skrivet Ed Weinberg:

: I am trying to compile openssh on a Red Hat 5.2 system with the zlib
: rpm installed. For some reason when I run ./configure it gives me the
: error that I must install zlib first.
:
: it is here:
: # ls /usr/lib/libz*
: /usr/lib/libz.so.1@ /usr/lib/libz.so.1.1.3*

You need to install the zlib-devel package.

: Any ideas?
:
: -- Ed Weinberg, RHCE
/^^^^^^

You might consider studying for the test again. Installing the devel
packages is pretty basic stuff for a Red Hat platform, and something
you ought to know to claim an RHCE.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@pobox.com