Mailing List Archive

OpenSSH 1.2pre14 fails on pam_open_session() ...
Anyone out there know more about PAM under Solaris 7/x86 then I do, that
can maybe tackle this, and/or suggestion a route to take to fix?

After doing some debugging, it looks like the problem is a seg fault at:

sshd.c:void pam_cleanup_proc(void *context)
debug("PAM_retval(open_session) about to run");
pam_retval = pam_open_session((pam_handle_t *)pamh, 0);
debug("PAM_retval(open_session) successful");
if (pam_retval != PAM_SUCCESS)
{
log("PAM session setup failed: %.200s", PAM_STRERROR((pam_handle_t *)pamh, pam_retval));
do_fake_authloop(username);
}

PAM Password authentication accepted for user "marc"
debug: PAM setting rhost to "atelier.acadiau.ca"
debug: PAM_retval(remote_host) successful
debug: PAM_retval(acct_mgmt) successful
debug: PAM_retval(open_session) about to run
Segmentation fault

so, its looking like I'm authenticated properly, but when trying to set up
the whole environment, its failing...? anyone know how I should go about
debugging this?

thanks...

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

"These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"