Mailing List Archive

Configuration screen
Here's what Ntop shows me after it starts to hog the CPU/drop traffic. I've
noticed that the CPU hogging and the traffic loss do NOT start at the same
time! Perhaps there's two issues here?

I confirmed that the interface does go out of promiscuous mode after an
hour. The odd thing is that it still sees some traffic. As this interface
has no IP address, if it isn't in promiscuous mode it shouldn't see
anything. Placing the interface back into promiscuous mode doesn't have any
effect either, it still sees a reduced amount of traffic. System logs don't
show anything odd happening.

Again, machine is a RedHat 7.1 box, with 128MB RAM, P2 333MHz.
Hints?

OS i686-pc-linux
ntop version 2.0.0
Built on 05/24/01 09:30:09 AM
OpenSSL Support Absent
Multithreaded Yes
GD Chart Present
Chart Format .png
UCD/NET SNMP Absent
TCP Wrappers Present
Async. Addr. Resolution Yes
lsof Support Yes
nmap Support No (Either disabled or missing)
Actual Hash Size 13854
Num. Stored Hash Hosts 6940 [50 %]
Num. TCP Sessions 23
Num. Queued Addresses 0