Hello,

I have a ntop pro server configured in collector mode.
I receive the flows from my probe without problems but I would like to setup custom alert when the total numbers of Flows exceed a value to detect DDOS or such.
If possible I want it to send mail to my team.

Is there a way to do this?

--

Yann Honvault
Network and system administrator
Re: Custom alert on Flows and Alert to mail [ In reply to ]
Dear Yann,

There is a rich set of custom alerts you can configure for every
interface/host/network monitored by ntopng. This set includes the number of
flows generated by an host. You can configure such alert for a specific
host, or for all the hosts in the system.

The following screenshot show the configuration page:

[image: Inline image 1]

Regards,
Simone

Re: Custom alert on Flows and Alert to mail [ In reply to ]
Dear Yann,

Re: Custom alert on Flows and Alert to mail [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I understand now why there was lots of alert from Flows when I tried this feature.

And what about the alert to mail system?

--

Yann
tel : 14.16

Re: Custom alert on Flows and Alert to mail [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:58 PM, <honvault@cines.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reply, I understand now why there was lots of alert
> from Flows when I tried this feature.
>
> And what about the alert to mail system?

Currently, sending mails is not supported but it is on our TODO list. Stay
tuned!

Re: Custom alert on Flows and Alert to mail [ In reply to ]
Hi,