Mailing List Archive

WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity
Hi,

my NtopNG constantly logs:

WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity IP_ADDRESS

How to fix this?

TIA
Matthias

--

MHC SoftWare GmbH
Fichtera 17

voice: +49-(0)9533-92006-0
fax: +49-(0)9533-92006-6
e-mail: info@mhcsoftware.de

HR Coburg: B2242
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Matthias Henze

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Mathias,

Please send extra information. How do you start ntopng? Can you post the
full log?

Thanks

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Mathias,

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Hi Simone,

Am 09.06.2017 um 10:59 schrieb Simone Mainardi:
> Mathias,
>
> Please send extra information. How do you start ntopng?

Nothing special, as a Debian Linux service at boot time or if I start it
manually: service start ntopng

> Can you post the
> full log?

This will make IMHO no sense as there are no other messages but the
startup messages and this warning and it gets constantly repeated. I
don't know in what frequency because there is no time stamp on these
messages. All other messages do have time stamps ...

Matthias

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Matthias,

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Matthias Henze <lists@mhcsoftware.de>
wrote:

> Hi Simone,
>
> Am 09.06.2017 um 10:59 schrieb Simone Mainardi:
>
>> Mathias,
>>
>> Please send extra information. How do you start ntopng?
>>

> Nothing special, as a Debian Linux service at boot time or if I start it
> manually: service start ntopng

I wanted to see the ntopng options used or the configuration file.

> Can you post the full log?
>>

> This will make IMHO no sense as there are no other messages but the
> startup messages and this warning and it gets constantly repeated. I don't
> know in what frequency because there is no time stamp on these messages.
> All other messages do have time stamps ...

I have now added a more informative traceback. That should be printed after
the error highlighted. Traceback print will be included in tomorrow's build.

In the meanwhile, can you try and visit preferences to reset alerts and see
if you still get the warning?

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Matthias,

Re: WARNING: Unknown alert source for entity [ In reply to ]
Am 09.06.2017 um 11:30 schrieb Simone Mainardi:
> I wanted to see the ntopng options used or the configuration file.

cat //etc/ntopng/ntopng.conf
-G=/var/run/ntopng.pid
--interface="tcp://127.0.0.1:5556"
--interface="tcp://127.0.0.1:5557"
-F="mysql;localhost;ntop;flows;ntop;ntop"
-m="...."
-D=all
-p="/etc/ntopng/protos.txt"

Part of "-m" is the IP address I've omitted from the waning.