Mailing List Archive

Issues after upgrading to 3.0
I've just upgraded our installation from 2.4 (stable) to 3.0. PFRING 6.6 seemed to install ok after I cleared out the old kernel modules and deleted all but the current kernel from the system, but I did notice that it's complaining about a missing file - libntapi.so. Would this possibly explain the >20% number of dropped packets I'm now seeing? I had zero dropped packets in 2.4. I see this file has been reported missing before, and the file does seem to be present in the v6.5 rpm.

What I've also noticed since upgrading, is this being repeated in the log file every 5 minutes;

05/Jun/2017 10:20:20 [AlertsManager.cpp:1540] ERROR: SQL Error: near "ORDER": syntax error
DELETE FROM flows_alerts ORDER BY alert_tstamp ASC LIMIT 1288928

The 'ASC LIMIT' value grows with each log entry.

Thanks

Tony

Roke Manor Research Limited, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0ZN, United Kingdom.Part of the Chemring Group.
Registered in England & Wales. Registered No: 00267550
http://www.roke.co.uk

Please update your address book. Roke is currently transitioning to its original brand and will no longer
be branded under Chemring Technology Solutions. Email addresses of Roke staff have therefore been changed
from firstname.surname@chemringts.com to firstname.surname@roke.co.uk – please use this updated format
with immediate effect.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to Roke Manor Research Limited and
must not be passed to any third party without permission. This communication is for information only and shall
not create or change any contractual relationship.
Re: Issues after upgrading to 3.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi Tony
are you using a Napatech adapter? Where did you see the warning about libntapi.so? Could you provide a trace?

Thank you
Alfredo

Re: Issues after upgrading to 3.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi Tony

Re: Issues after upgrading to 3.0 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Barrett, Tony <tony.barrett@roke.co.uk>
wrote:

> I’ve just upgraded our installation from 2.4 (stable) to 3.0. PFRING 6.6
> seemed to install ok after I cleared out the old kernel modules and deleted
> all but the current kernel from the system, but I did notice that it’s
> complaining about a missing file – libntapi.so. Would this possibly explain
> the >20% number of dropped packets I’m now seeing? I had zero dropped
> packets in 2.4. I see this file has been reported missing before, and the
> file does seem to be present in the v6.5 rpm.
>

> What I’ve also noticed since upgrading, is this being repeated in the log
> file every 5 minutes;
>

> 05/Jun/2017 10:20:20 [AlertsManager.cpp:1540] ERROR: SQL Error: near
> "ORDER": syntax error
>
> DELETE FROM flows_alerts ORDER BY alert_tstamp ASC LIMIT 1288928

Tony, I can confirm this is fixed now both in stable and dev. Please wait
as new packages are being rebuilt and will be available tomorrow.

Re: Issues after upgrading to 3.0 [ In reply to ]