Mailing List Archive

Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations
Hello,

We are using Cento to send netflow to multiple destinations.

In the nprobe help file, I see there is a -a option to send full flows to all destinations. I do not see this as an option in the Cento help file.

[--collector|-n] <host:port|none> | Address of the NetFlow collector(s).
| Multiple collectors can be defined using
| multiple -n flags. In this case flows
| will be sent in round robin mode to
| all defined collectors if the -a flag
| is used. Note that you can specify
| both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
| If you specify none as value,
| no flow will be export; in this case
| the -P parameter is mandatory.
| Note that you can specify the protocol
| used to send packets. Example:
| udp://192.168.0.1:2055,tcp://10.1.2.3:2055

[--all-collectors|-a] | If several collectors are defined, this
| option gives the ability to send all
| collectors all the flows. If the flag is
| omitted collectors are selected in
| round robin.

Is this supported in Cento? If not, is cento sending round robin or full flows to all destinations?

Kind regards,

Jesse

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Hi Jesse,

In cento you should specify multiple collectors by repeating the option
(e.g., --v9) multiple times to have flows delivered to each collector in
round robin.

Regards,
Simone

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Hi Jesse,

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Hi Simone,

Thank you, I am familiar with sending to multiple collectors. What isn’t clear is if Cento is sending full flows to each collector, or if it is round robin.

Based on your response, you are saying Cento sends to multiple collectors on a round robin basis?

We desire to send full flows to each collector. I see nprobe has the option to send full flows by using the “-a” flag. Is there, or will there be, such an option for Cento?

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Hi Jesse,

When multiple collectors are defined, Cento sends the same flow to all the
collectors, one after the other.

Regards,
Simone

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Hi Jesse,

Re: Cento round robin or full flow to multiple destinations [ In reply to ]
Alexander
cento sends to all destinations simultaneously

Luca