Mailing List Archive

Admin network lost when loading pf_ring
I have 2 nics, both ixgbe driver, eth0 is used for capture, eth1 for admin.

When the machine starts or if I reload pf_ring "service pf_ring restart" eth1 is left with no
configuration. I have to manually "service networking restart" to connect the server to the admin
network again.

I'm I missing something or is there a way to automate this ?

# tree /etc/pf_ring/
/etc/pf_ring/
??? forcestart
??? hugepages.conf
??? pf_ring.conf
??? pf_ring.start
??? zc
??? ixgbe
??? ixgbe.conf
??? ixgbe.start

All config files are empty except :

# cat /etc/pf_ring/zc/ixgbe/ixgbe.conf
RSS=16,1

# cat /etc/pf_ring/hugepages.conf
node=0 hugepagenumber=2048
node=1 hugepagenumber=2048

# zcount -h
Using PFRING_ZC v.6.5.0.161207

Re: Admin network lost when loading pf_ring [ In reply to ]
Hi Charles-Antoine
what OS are you running? This happens because we reload the driver (disabled by default on
the management interface, in fact you had to create the forcestart) and the system doesn’t
reassign the ip to the interface, however this seems to work (the ip get reassigned) on the OSs
we usually use.

Alfredo

Re: Admin network lost when loading pf_ring [ In reply to ]
Hi Charles-Antoine