Specifically, they are missing from

http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/14.04/x64/pfring_6.4.1-1064_amd64.deb

and the ntopng binary in

http://packages.ntop.org/apt-stable/14.04/x64/ntopng_2.4.161220-2030_amd64.deb

won't run without those libraries being present.

Did they get moved somewhere else?

Thanks for checking on this,
Kevin
Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Kevin, that should already been fixed:
https://github.com/ntop/PF_RING/commit/f8ec4e582eea852bacc836eb16abd995143080c6

Regards,
Simone

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Kevin Branch <kevin@branchnetconsulting.com

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Hi Simone,

When I install the latest ntopng deb file from your stable repo for x64
Ubuntu 14.04, the installed ntopng binary fails to start unless those two
files are present.

root@server:~/# /usr/bin/ntopng
/usr/bin/ntopng: error while loading shared libraries: libntapi.so: cannot

Normally these are provided by the pfring deb file from the same repo, but
in the latest stable pfring package, they are now gone.

Are you saying that the debs in the development repo would not exhibit this
problem? Unfortunately I cannot use those because I have ntopng running on
servers running Security Onion which requires pf_ring 6.4.1 and would
conflict with pfring 6.5.0. A number of folks in the Security Onion
community use ntopng in this way, and I have come up with a workaround for
them that separately fetches those library files. I'm just checking in
with you all to seek a more permanent solution.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Hi Simone,

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Kevin, new packages are being rebuilt, this is a fresh fix. Try to update
in an hour.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Kevin Branch <kevin@branchnetconsulting.com

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Kevin
please try again now: we believe we fixed the issue

Regards Luca

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Kevin

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]
Yes, that works perfectly for me now. Thanks, Luca!

Kevin

Re: libntapi.so and libntos.so have recently gone missing from the Ubuntu 14.04 pfring deb [ In reply to ]