When I reboot my ntop server I don't keep the the flows of the previous period. I tought that It was recorder in a database

Thanks in advance

Regards
Re: info request [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Please see below,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:32 PM, AIDOUN Mohamed <maidoun@regionpaca.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> First of all sorry for my English…
>

> I’m a new user of Ntop. I’ve installed in on a Ubuntu server 16.04 via
> “apt-get install ntopng”. So I do not have the last version.
>
> Could you please help me because I’ve got some questions?
>
> How can I update my Ntopng?

apt-get update

> I wish to acquire the pro version of Ntop, what do I need to do to inject
> this licence in my server?

simply visit the ntopng UI "about" page and paste the license key there.
However, don't worry you will receive instructions after the purchase.

> The pro version of Ntop allows to benefit from 1 year of update and some
> additional features. What happened after this year? No more updates ok, but
> do I keep the pro version with his additional features or I switch on the
> free version?

You don't have to switch to the free version, if will continue to be a
professional version provided that you don't update it. Alternatively, you
can renew the maintenance to keep getting updates:
http://www.ntop.org/support/faq/how-can-i-renew-maintenance-for-commercial-products/

> My network is behind a proxy, so when people surf on internet, connections
> that appear on the flow interface do not display the remote sites but the
> IP of the proxy (proxy HTTP). Is it normal?

Yes

> When I reboot my ntop server I don’t keep the the flows of the previous
> period. I tought that It was recorder in a database

If you want to record flows to database, use option -F with MySQL or
ElasticSearch.

Re: info request [ In reply to ]
Hi,