Mailing List Archive

Does ntopng accept IPFIX logs from an F5 BigIP appliance?
I'm trying to send IPFIX logs to ntopng/nprobe from my BigIP load balancer as described in this article: https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip-afm/manuals/product/network-firewall-policies-implementations-11-5-0/8.html. I believe I have followed the steps correctly but ntopng does not appear to be picking up any events. Before reaching out to F5 support I just wanted to check with this list to see if what I am attempting is even possible with ntopng/nprobe. Thanks.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at postmaster at dor.state.ma.us.
Re: Does ntopng accept IPFIX logs from an F5 BigIP appliance? [ In reply to ]
Scott
if the flows are compliant with the specification and contain all fields like, time, IP, protocol bytes etc it will work. If this is not the case I need to see a pcap with flows+template as there’s something to fix. You can send me the pcap privately if you want/can

Regards Luca

Re: Does ntopng accept IPFIX logs from an F5 BigIP appliance? [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,
The fact that it should work with ntopng gives me some hope. I’m only able to send a pcap to a vendor I have a commercial support agreement with so I will open a ticket with F5 Networks on this. Thanks for the response and I may reach out to the mailing list again if F5 is not helpful.