I'm using version 2.0.0.
Can somebody help me?

Regards, Sivert
RE: Can't store data in log-file [ In reply to ]
I am pretty new to ntop, but I will try to answer with what has worked for
me.

For the -S option you have to provide an argument such as "-S1". I think
the -r option is only meaningful for intop since it is for interactive
screen refreshes as opposed to web-based clients. -w3000 is a default so I
think all you need is:

ntop -S1 -d -M -P/home/ntop

But I would recommend that you not run in daemon mode until you are sure
that it is working correctly. I increase the trace level as well:

ntop -S1 -M -P/home/ntop -t5

Then you can watch the output for any hints of problems.

Good luck,
Owen Crow
Systems Programmer (Unix)
BMC Software, Inc.