Mailing List Archive

ntop -p core dumps in Redhat 7.1
Hi all,

I just installed NTOP under Redhat 7.1 Kernel 2.4.2-2 and it runs great.

However....

When I try and pass it a port list using 'ntop -p portlist.txt' it core
dumps. It also does it if I try and manually enter the port list on the
command line.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave.

Dave Brown
Principal Computing Officer
Plymouth University
Systems and Operations
Information and Learning Services
Room 301 Babbage Building
Drakes Circus
Plymouth
PL4 8AA

Tel : 01752 233914
RE: ntop -p core dumps in Redhat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
Just started happening to me as well with the latest CVS versions. I assume
you're using the CVS as well?

Re: ntop -p core dumps in Redhat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
Dan Colquhoun wrote:

> Just started happening to me as well with the latest CVS versions. I assume
> you're using the CVS as well?

No dear friend, I'm using the last rpm's from www.rpmfind.net.
Libpcap and ntop for RH 7.1

As a friend told me you must do the command:

# ntop -i eth0 -w 3000 not port 65432

it works.....:)

Best Regards.

Carlos Gomes.
RE: ntop -p core dumps in Redhat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
No problem, the CVS thing seems to have resolved itself today anyway.