Mailing List Archive

IE5 kills Ntop/SSL
G'day,

I have ntop/ssl and apache/ssl running different ports on the one machine. When I use IE5 to open the apache web site, then open the ntop
web site, I am prompted to accept the ntop cert, then my credentials, at which point ntop dumps core.

Has anyone seen this? Doesn't happen with netscape 4.72.

Ntop version is 2 beta 1 (July 24).
IE is 5.5, no sp's.

Thanks,

Andrew

--

Andrew Cogger B.E. (Elec) (Hons)
Electrical & Computing Systems Manager

Ph +61 (0)3 9376 6671
Fx +61 (0)3 9376 0507
Mb 0425 792 004

mailto:andrew.cogger@innovonics.com.au
http://www.innovonics.com.au
http://www.innovonics.net

PGP Key ID: 0xC546109D

whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
you must not use, disclose or distribute this email or any
attachment(s). Please notify the sender immediately and then
delete this email. All sent and received email from/to
Innovonics Ltd is automatically scanned for the presence
of computer viruses, security issues and inappropriate content.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting
viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus
checking on this email and any attachments. If email you
receive has a virus or contains inappropriate content please
contact: admin@innovonics.com.au
Re: IE5 kills Ntop/SSL [ In reply to ]
Andrew Cogger wrote:

> I have ntop/ssl and apache/ssl running different ports on the one machine. When I use IE5 to open the apache web site, then open the ntop
> web site, I am prompted to accept the ntop cert, then my credentials, at which point ntop dumps core.
>
> Has anyone seen this? Doesn't happen with netscape 4.72.
>
> Ntop version is 2 beta 1 (July 24).
> IE is 5.5, no sp's.

I have seen that problem before. I haven't searched for a solution, I
just switched off SSL and restricted access through the firewall. Not
that this helps you, but you're not the only one with that problem....

Richard.

Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the
simplicity (Dennis Ritchie)

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht, Linux 2.4.7 RedHat 6.2 |
| The Netherlands i686/300MHz/256MB |
| Public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pe1bbf/pubkey.asc |