Mailing List Archive

RMON plugin and net-snmp
Hello

Could someone please tell me how the RMON plugin is supposed to work
with net-snmp? If I run ntop (only), I seem to have (limited) RMON
support visible via an external SNMP management station, but none of the
other mibs are visible.

From looking at the code, it looks like the RMON plugin is supposed to
be an agentX master agent. So I tried to start the net-snmp daemon as
an agentX subagent, but I get an error message:
"subagent_pre_init: Invalid local port (No such file or directory)".
The net-snmp subagent seems to be expecting ntop to open a named pipe
called /var/agentx/master, which it does not appear to be doing.

Can anyone confirm or deny that what I am trying to do is even possible?
Or is ntop not designed to be a real agentX master?

Thanks,
Tania