Any advice on how can I force removing it or at least know who uses it?

Thanks,
Amir
Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
OS CentOS 7
pf_ring version: 6.6.0

Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
Hi Amir
did you load a ZC driver perhaps?

Alfredo

Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
No, not using ZC. But if it could be a reason and maybe I'm doing something
wrong during load, how can I check about zc?
Anyway, the background for this issue is that I'm trying to replace the
igb.ko during machine installation and I'm trying to overcome the special
situation that its used by the management interface.
To debug the situation, I fiddle with the machine so I'm not sure what
exactly brought me to the situation described above, so I probably
interested in a tweak (just to remove the pf_ring module) rather than a
proper solution.

Amir

Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
Hi Amir
you are "trying to replace the igb.ko" with?
Please send us the output from dmesg.

Alfredo

Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
I've managed to rmmov the "used" pfring.ko by removing first the ixgbe.ko
and igb.ko drivers. Not sure how its related (since no process really uses
pf_ring) but currently its good enough for me.

Thanks

Re: Fail to rmmod pf_ring [ In reply to ]
Hi Amir
please note our ZC drivers (igb, ixgbe, etc) have a dependency on the
pf_ring kernel module,
thus you should remove the drivers *before* removing pf_ring. This is
automatically done by
our init.d script.

Alfredo