Mailing List Archive

How to save flows to read in other software such as R program or Matlab?
Hi list,

I am a new user ntop. I has ntopng and nprobe configured and working.
According the config files:

ntopng.conf
--dns-mode=3
--max-num-flows=200000
--max-num-hosts=250000
--sticky-hosts=none
--redisi=@2

--interface=eno16780032

--data-dir=/srv/ntopng

--local-networks="a.b.c.d/e"

#ipfix
-i=tcp://127.0.0.1:5556

nprobe-none.conf
--zmq="tcp://*:5556"
--collector-port 4739
-i=none
-n=none

I participate group of research and we would like to save the flows for in
future simulations on R program or Matlab.

I read in cento-UsersGuide(nprobe) it's possible in the chapter "Flows Dump
to Plain Text Files" however I dont have license for nprobe Cento.

We (university) have license for ntopng and nprobe.

Then anyone know how to save de flows in directory for future manipulations?

*nprobe working just collector from switch.

Thanks advance,

--
Alexandro Marcelo Zacaron
+55 45 9942 8561
Re: How to save flows to read in other software such as R program or Matlab? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alexandro,

You could export flows to mysql (see ntopng -F option) and then process
them to produce a text file.

Another way is to enable user scripts with the "--enable-user-scripts"
option and hook the flowDelete callback to execute a custom lua script
in which you dump the flows information you are interested in to a text
file. See the following link for more details.

https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/doc/README.user_scripts

Regards,
Emanuele