using doesn't have DKMS, and if possible I would like to keep it that way
to keep required packages down for sake of size and the fact these may not
end up with network connectivity to retrieve new packages via the
Internet/repos.

I can just compile from source, but I'd really like to use the RPM for
easier updating/scripting. Am I doing something stupid, or is pfring-dkms
actually required to install the pfring RPM?

thanks
Re: Install PF_RING from RPM [ In reply to ]
Ryan
as we need to distribute a kernel module, it must match the version of your kernel, exactly. The bedt way is to use dkms and compile it on your host, and this is what we do, that is similar to what you would do compiling from source.

You can install the code from source and force package installation without checking dependencies

Regards Luca