Mailing List Archive

How to detect new protocols?
Hi,

I'm trying to detect SEP traffic (Symantec Endpoint Protection). Clients
connect to SEP Manager (SEPM) thru port tcp-8014.

If I go to SEPM page in Ntopng GUI, then to flows, I see this:

Application: Unknown, tcp, Client: SEPM:8014,
Server:[Random_high_number]

So, I created proto.txt with this:

tcp:8014@sep-comm

Re-run ntopng and there is no changes...

My guess is due tcp-8014 appears in the client column, it doesn't
recognize it as "sep-comm" or whatever...

This is traffic from a backbone switch/router, so I can't say what is in
and what is out, because everywhere are 192.168.x.x networks...

Any guess on what I'm doing wrong?

Sacha.
Re: How to detect new protocols? [ In reply to ]
Now is working.. it takes some time to detect it?