<isp>-<file_number>.pcap which will always increment.

Any thoughts as to how I could approach this?

Thanks.
Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeremy
if I understand correctly you do not want to restart file numaration, this means that you have to move old files using an external script, otherwise the storage will be full at some point and n2disk will not be able to write new files anymore.
Correct?

Alfredo

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
Yes, I am currently dealing with the long term retention issues by cleaning
up the disk space.

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeremy
please update to latest version from the dev repo, you can specify -n -1 to create unlimited directories, please test it and let as know if it behaves as expected.

Alfredo

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
This does not appear to work. I now have an unlimited number of
directories with 1000 files in each. But, the file number is incremented
after each 1000. aka same problem.

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
To clarify, I am looking for:

/pcaps/1/file-1.pcap
/pcaps/1/file-2.pcap
…
/pcaps/1/file-1000.pcap
/pcaps/2/file-1001.pcap
/pcaps/2/file-1002.pcap
…
/pcaps/2/file-2000.pcap
…

Sorry for the double message.

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeremy
in essence at the moment it creates the structure below, but you want the file numeration to continue on the next dir instead of restarting from 1, did I understand correctly?

/pcaps/1/1.pcap
/pcaps/1/2.pcap
…
/pcaps/1/1000.pcap
/pcaps/2/1.pcap
/pcaps/2/2.pcap
…
/pcaps/2/1000.pcap
…

Alfredo

Re: n2disk pcap output structure [ In reply to ]
Yes, that is correct.