overwritten when using it.

I wonder if someone might be able to shed some light on these features.

Thanks.
Re: n2disk help output [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeremy

> On 05 Apr 2016, at 19:43, Jeremy Ashton <jeremy.ashton@shopify.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed the following arguments for n2disk but could not find documentation on them:
>
> [—packet-slicing|-0] <header level> | Slice packet after the specified header.

This can be used to save only a portion of the captured packet, you should specify the max header level you want to save (e.g. --packet-slicing 3 will save a portion of the packet up to the IP header).

Please take a look at Appendix B of the User’s Guide at http://www.ntop.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/n2disk-UsersGuide1.pdf

> [--archive-directory|-O] <directory> | Directory where dump files will be archived (slower
> | disks). The -a option is overwritten when using it.

This can be used to move pcap files to another storage instead of deleting them when the --max-num-files x --max-nested-dirs limit is reached and n2disk starts overwriting the oldest files.

Alfredo

Re: n2disk help output [ In reply to ]
I would assume there is no way to enable conditional packet slicing. i.e.
For example, during large encrypted data transfers, capture the summary
information but drop the payload itself (scp, https).

Re: n2disk help output [ In reply to ]
This is something we are working on and will be available soon, stay tuned.

Alfredo