I am still not able to handle line speed of greater than 400Mb/s but I can see a vast improvement over libpcap-mmap.

Thanks!

-- J --
Re: Ring 2.1 [ In reply to ]
Jeff,

Jeff Blake wrote:

>Well in reponse to my own problem I too did what Georg did and compiled against the wrong ring.h. Which in turn led to snort not being able to correctly decipher packets.
>
>I am still not able to handle line speed of greater than 400Mb/s but I can see a vast improvement over libpcap-mmap.

what kind of network card are you using? Remeber that:
1. you need a card that supports NAPI (e.g. Intel cards) to have a good
speed. No NAPI no speed.
2. if you have a 32-bit gigabit card (they are often called workstation
cards vs. server cards) you cannot go too fast due to the narrow PCI
bus. In this case you need a 64 bit PCI/PCI-X card.

Please let me know.

Cheers, Luca