Mailing List Archive

ring2.0 locking system
Hi,

Ive currently been testing the kernel module ring for high speed packet capturing.I am having a problem that whenever I attempted to stop capturing packets the whole system locks up.

It happens on multiple plaforms with different kernels using different applications.

Debian 2.4.23, 2.4.25, 2.6.5
Slackware9.2 2.6.5
pcount, snort

In every case when I terminate either pcount or snort the entire system locks up. I have not been able to track what the exact problem is. I will try to determine more on my own but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or if there is a known fix.

-- J --